We are looking for an Information Technology Architect to join our growing team. As we transition to a low-carbon energy future, this is an opportunity for someone to operate at a strategic level to shape and influence IT strategy and make a real impact as part of a centralised architecture function.
The successful candidate will be able to guide projects down the right technical paths, looking after not only the technical architecture choices but the impact of those choices on the overall solution approach.
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that technology and application platforms are scalable, extensible and cost effective in line with IT strategy and customer needs. This includes the creation and governance of strategies, technology roadmaps, reference architectures and standards.
The successful candidate will enjoy keeping their existing technical skills up to date and developing new ones, so that they can make strong contributions to architecture decisions.
The role reports to the Head of IS Governance and Planning.
Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
• Create and maintain strategies, roadmaps and reference models for infrastructure, data, application and business architecture domains.
• Contribute to the development of the IT strategy and collaborate with colleagues to contribute to strategic planning and business planning activities.
• Analyse technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• Work across a wide range of solutions which include: off-the-shelf applications, customised systems, integration systems, data processing, web technologies and others.
• Lead efforts to establish, define, maintain and communicate architecture guidelines, principle, standards and best practices.
• Lead the rationalisation of the Group Application Portfolio, reducing its complexity and total cost of ownership. Drive continuous service improvement within the portfolio and an increase in portfolio data quality
• Deliver objective and impartial technology and application assessments, to support informed decision making.
• Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to support the delivery of IT services.
• Engage with business and technical stakeholders to define application roadmaps
• Lead the selection of IT systems and services, consulting with project stakeholders on all stages of tender proposals.
• Assist in establishing financial transparency of all solutions, considering key costs such as software licensing and hardware specifications
• Communicate effectively to technology and business stakeholders, including the senior management team, via meetings, presentations and reports
• Provide thought leadership and advocate industry best practices and principles
• Represent the company externally at conferences and events, making a presentation and engaging in external forums and bodies as appropriate.
Critical knowledge, skills and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, technology management or another relevant degree
• 6+ years’ professional experience in an IT architecture role with a holistic understanding of application, data and infrastructure technologies.
• Ability to lead and influence others to move towards a common vision or goal and able to work collaboratively with and through others
• Expertise in applying technology to solve business problems, collaborating with business experts and service providers along the way
• Exceptional communicator, able to articulate technical concepts and analysis to non-technical audiences and business leaders
• A strong track record in architecting and overseeing the delivery of complex solutions and an ability to drive successful outcomes
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Oracle technologies and platforms.
• Proven architecture experience within large scale projects.
• Experience of constructing, leading and managing projects with a strong focus on delivery
• Passionate, engaging with a drive and enthusiasm to deliver on the company vision and strategy
• Master’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, technology management or other relevant degree
• Experience in Energy Management Systems or Market Management Systems.
• Industry certification in IT architecture and project management.
• ITIL Certification.
Interested? Please apply now to Nichola.firstname.lastname@example.org